Monday, September 28, 2009

ART JOURAL Mondays!! ::: The Beginning



Hi lovlies!! SO I have decided that I am going to keep a visual art journal! An art journal is a place where you can express your self with little words (or A LOT your preference) and LOTS of emotion. Its a place to let lose... to mess up... to enjoy the messy side of art... to learn about yourself as well as art (techniques, mediums ..ect.) I am SUPER excited to start this journey and I am even more excited to include you all! SO here is the cover I created. I used an artist acrylic "sketchbook" in which has very sturdy pages that will allow me to layer paint paper water or whatever!!


I used a piece of scrapbook paper as a base
At the very top I used a picture transfer technique... I used an old photo of my mother
Here is some stamping and some rubb-ons
The word ART is spelled using some thickers and then distressed with some black ink


Thanks for looking I will try to post a new technique/ page every Monday... so keep watching for more.

1 comment: